Friday, August 29, 2008

Character: Doing the right thing when no one is looking

I try to avoid blabbering about my political views and religious concerns, but this is an exciting time in American politics and, as a Christian, I must not be afraid to share what I believe and the people I support. My own pastor announced the following, only moments ago:

"I have been asked to speak at the Republican National Convention on Monday evening. I view this as an honor and a rare opportunity to serve my country with the gift and message God has given me.

I have not been asked nor will I explicitly endorse anyone or anything outside of a godly character, though people may read into my attendance there. Had I been asked to speak at the Democratic National Convention, I would have accepted that invitation as well. Although these are political events, they are spiritual assignments to me.

My topic is, "Character: Doing the right thing when no one is looking." I would like to get your thoughts on the topic of my speech. Please take a few minutes and click on the link to answer a few questions. Click here >>

I would appreciate your prayers for wisdom and protection, and most importantly, 'A double dose of the Holy Ghost.'

Event: Republican National Convention
Date: Monday, September 1, 2008
Time: 5:26pm pacific / 7:26pm central
Station: Viewable on C-SPAN

No comments: