Monday, April 19, 2010

Post-Coachella

Coachella's over. I had a great time watching via the web. I must say, the editing of the webcasts was excellent (I was married to an editor so I know! Or...)
I like the fact that some of the acts were totally new to me. I'll have to look into some of them now. I really wanted to "see" the Cribs and Bad Lieutenant (wow, I spelled lieutenant correctly on the first try! I actually copy and pasted it to see if the spell-check was just accepting my typing. Now, if I can find out if a period should be placed after the parenthesis when it's at the end of the sentence).

This artist has piqued my interest, after I downloaded a remix. Some great electronic work here. Catchy and synthy. Check out all the tracks from Million Young on Youtube; here's my favorite "Cynthia":


So, I am reading a synthpop blog that I have never read before and the entries are eerily similar to mine. Small world, I guess. Still. I want to be different! After all, I throw in some stuff that a synth purist would hate! So, now I am going to post more repeat material... I mean, it's repeat for me, but could be new to you, right?

Not my pick from the new Goldfrapp, but a nice introduction nonetheless:


You may have noticed the new art at the top of the blog (if you are not reading via RSS). I am really looking forward to seeing 16 Volt and Chemlab again. Two of my favorite acts from the 90's post-industrial scene. I did some film-work with both of these bands and I treasure the memories. Nice guys. Sometimes, you meet your heroes and are disappointed...but not with these acts. They were just down to Earth and wanted to give their fans the best. Here's a vid I worked on:

No comments: