Sunday, May 22, 2011

Modern Synthpop Defined: ZyniC

Photobucket
At first listen, I knew I would adore this album by ZyniC. It touches on all the elements of synthpop that I love so much. The melodies, the classic vocal style, that analogue synth and little bubbly squelches. I love that Speak 'n' Spell effect for some reason. Each track has a lot going on, but it doesn't become sensory overload. The lyrics deal with the subjects we've come to expect from the genre: love, silence, the heart, blame, regret, dreams, the soul... I could go on. Instead, I encourage you to get a hold of Zynic's Fire Walk With Me as soon as possible. A Different Drum, the premiere source for electronic pop on the web, has it here.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Naomi B. said...

Hello there!
Awesome blog! I just wanted to stop by and share some new music with you. This is an awesome new track so copy and paste the link located below into your browser. Hope you like it! :)